I recently had a problem where my 13" 3 yr old macbook would just blink off. then it became shorter and shorter until it would not start up. i brought it to apple who told me after inspection that it had liquid damage and the battery connector and logic board needed to be replaced for an astounding 800+ dollars. the book only cost me 1100!! i got the book back (obviously i didnt pay that, i am sane!), i fiddled with it by trying to start with just the battery. no response. with the battery and charger. starts for just seconds. and then with just the charger. walla! starts up and runs like new. am i crazy or is that estimate slightly (largely!) inflated, and can there be an easier fix?