Battery Cover: MBP vs MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MowingDevil, Nov 2, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

So I was in checking out the battery covers on some late '08 display models today....they only had the MBs in stock. I've been hearing complaints about the 'give' on the MBPs so I decided to check them out. Each MB was rock solid, only one had a tiny bit of give but I had to really apply pressure to get it to wiggle a bit. The other unit was *tight* as can be.

Did I just get lucky or are most units fine? ...perhaps there's only a small percentage that wiggle and they complain the most (makes sense) .....or is it because the MBs are smaller so they are more stable? Perhaps the design is flawed w/ a 15" machine but works on a 13"? ....or are the majority of MBPs solid too?

2. PS65 macrumors regular

This wiggle problem is really bad. It must effect you when you are viewing your screen? Like my problem, not major at all - yet you seem to think I should not complain. Get a grip.

3. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Where did I ever say I had a wiggle problem? You should learn reading comprehension, its a good thing! Thanks for your contribution.

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Sorry to hear about your wiggle problem ;) JK

5. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Wait....what?

6. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

I haven't heard anything of this wiggle problem before. I haven't noticed anything abnormal about the way my battery fits either.

7. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well thats good to hear. I've been reading lots of threads on here about loose fitting battery covers...have yet to see it myself.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

9. polaris20 macrumors 68020

were you sober when you typed this post?

10. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

When I bought my first alu macbook it had the loose battery cover. Mine was so bad that when I took it back to the store to exchange just the cover they forced me to return it so that they could send mine to engineering as my gap was the widest they had seen (about 3-4 mm). They exchanged it for another macbook which has the slanted keys but the store models had slanted keys as well so I was ok with it. Notably, none of the store models had loose battery covers.

11. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

that's what i was wondering.:D