Battery craziness

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by matttye, Sep 26, 2013.

1. matttye macrumors 601

My phone displayed 12% battery remaining and as soon as I plugged it in it jumped to 36%. When I removed it from the charger it stayed on 36%.

Sometimes my phone stays on 100% for ages in the morning then it will suddenly drop to like 86%, or it will suddenly start to drain fast.

Is anyone seeing similar issues? This has only happened since the iOS 7 upgrade.

I'll try a restore soon.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Run the battery down to 10% and charge it full and do this a few days and the battery percentage should be more precise. No need to restore.

3. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

Battery needs calibration, run it all the way down (say 2% or so, even maybe until it shuts down) and then plug it at least for 3 hours for a long juicy charge. It should behave well.

4. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

I do that most days. Yesterday my phone got to 12% then suddenly displayed 3% and I had to connect it though.

----------

Did that the other day as well :(

I charge my phone overnight.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

that percentage indicator is goofy sometimes. Have you tried just restarting the phone? Mine once jumped up 10% after a restart LOL.

6. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

I've seen the same thing happen. It's a real pain in the ass as it's hard to know when to charge!

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I would definitely try and use it til it dies, then charge full. After a couple times it should be okay. You shouldn't do this often tho, maybe once a month. Else, you can try resetting settings on the phone to see if that helps.

8. davelanger macrumors 6502a

also reboot the phone after a charge
    sometimes ill unplug my phone from the charger and it quickly drops to 97% after a minute, when I reboot it, it goes bsck to 100%