Battery Cycle Monitor ...what do you use?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Artimus12, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

I've noticed that people monitor their battery usage and cycle counts, but have no idea what everyone is using to get this info. Is there a built-in program or do I have to download one?

Thanks from a MacNoob.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have Coconut Battery, but honestly I never bother to track mine

4. Artimus12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Got it, Thanks.

Had this thing a week and already it's had 11 cycles ...think I need to put it down for a while. :(

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can see your battery cycle count by clicking the Apple at the top left of your screen then select About this Mac, More Info, then System Report and you will see battery cycles in the power section.

[​IMG]

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you need to use your Mac on battery power because no AC is available, don't worry about it. That's what the battery was designed for. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions, including tips for maximizing battery performance. If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

7. Artimus12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Thanks Weasel,

I should have known to look there, but didn't consider it. still think Coconut is useful as a shortcut, so I'll keep it.

Cheers for the link GGJ, I'll have a read.