Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
I launched coconutbattery today and am reading off 70% Capacity, 17months year old (its only 14 months old) and reading off only 339 cycles. I typically go through 2 cycles a day, and I said 14 months which should put me at around 840.

Is something wrong with my battery or is it the app?

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
you could check in 'system profiler' and see if the results matches what coconut battery says.

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
I launched coconutbattery today and am reading off 70% Capacity, 17months year old (its only 14 months old) and reading off only 339 cycles. I typically go through 2 cycles a day, and I said 14 months which should put me at around 840.

Is something wrong with my battery or is it the app?

I don't think that sounds too far off. After 12 months, and only 14 cycles I'm at 92%. I'm plugged in 90% of the time. If you're cycling it twice a day I'd call that pretty heavy use.

Give it a couple days of full discharge until it sleeps, let it sit for a few hours, then a full charge... see if that helps wake things up.

The 17 month note - AFAIK it goes by the production date of your system, not the purchase date.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
It's gone through a couple complete discharges and recharges and still the same, its reading off 341 right now and thats only 2 more than 6 days ago, And since this morning I've done 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.