Battery Cycle Wrong MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fearless Leader, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I launched coconutbattery today and am reading off 70% Capacity, 17months year old (its only 14 months old) and reading off only 339 cycles. I typically go through 2 cycles a day, and I said 14 months which should put me at around 840.

Is something wrong with my battery or is it the app?

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

you could check in 'system profiler' and see if the results matches what coconut battery says.

3. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

it is matching up with the system profiler. and im down to 68%, down 10% from last week:confused:

4. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

I don't think that sounds too far off. After 12 months, and only 14 cycles I'm at 92%. I'm plugged in 90% of the time. If you're cycling it twice a day I'd call that pretty heavy use.

Give it a couple days of full discharge until it sleeps, let it sit for a few hours, then a full charge... see if that helps wake things up.

The 17 month note - AFAIK it goes by the production date of your system, not the purchase date.

5. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

It's gone through a couple complete discharges and recharges and still the same, its reading off 341 right now and thats only 2 more than 6 days ago, And since this morning I've done 3.