Battery Cycles on a Refurb Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Deliciousapples, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Deliciousapples macrumors newbie

Hi all, I recently bought a 2010 11 inch from the refurb store this week, and so far it's been great, but I have a question about the battery. When I checked the cycles not long after I turned it on, it said that the computer is 4 weeks old and that it had 39 battery cycles. Is this a normal amount of cycles for a refurb? It seemed a bit high to me, but it is a 2010 model, so I didn't know if this is normal for it's age or not.

2. aaronchow macrumors regular

The cycle seems a bit low for a one year old model :)

3. calvol macrumors 6502a

I bought the 2010 13 Air in Feb10, and it had 3 cycles on it. Sounds kind of high for a product that supposedly returned in two weeks (the free return period), so it is probably a warranty return beyond the two week period.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's just over a cycle a day. Perhaps higher than average, but not unusual. It's nothing to worry about. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's a refurbished unit, so it means it was returned to Apple for some reason or another, and Apple tested all the components before rebuilding the machine for resale as a refurbished unit. So in your case you tested a battery, found it was good, and rebuilt your unit with it.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Apple replaces the battery when they refurb units. 39 is kind of high if you are using it plugged in a lot, but if you are using the battery to capacity every day it is normal. MBA batteries are rated for over 1000 cycles tho...so don't worry!

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They only replace the battery if it's defective. They don't replace them all.

Apple Certified Refurbished Products