Battery Cycles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marty1990, Jul 2, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

So, when I first joined I was concerned how I was supposed to charge my MacBook properly.

I've had it 7 months now. I've let it get down to around 4% a handful of times, and it's drained completely a handful of times, and I've 'boost' charged it the majority of times. I think am treating the battery right, yeah? I've read over GGJStudios FAQ.

Anyway! I just checked how many cycles my Mac has gone through, because I know after 1000 the battery charge hold drops to 80% or something... and atm, my battery has done 148 cycles. Now after 7 months, I reckon that's pretty darn awesome.

I could definitely do two years before my battery needed replacing/my Mac needed replacing.

Wow.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As long as you run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can, and you don't run on AC power all the time, you'll be fine.

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

So, plug it in when I need to, i.e. it needs charging, but don't run on mains power constantly? If am doing work and it's plugged in for a few hours, is that an acceptable time to leave it plugged in?

Either way, Apple know their batteries.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Even if you run plugged in most of the time, unplugging for a few hours every few days will help, as stated in the AC POWER section of the Apple Notebook Battery FAQ.