battery cycles

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stract, Nov 23, 2013.

1. stract macrumors member

is there a way in Mavericks to see how many full battery cycles I've had so far o my new rMPB, and see the average use time before a recharge is required? The energy tab in Activity Monitor doesn't show this information that I can find.

2. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Apple menu>About this Mac>More information>Power. Should see cycles listed.

Or download a battery app from the App Store.

3. stract thread starter macrumors member

Power is not an option. I see Overview, Displays, Storage, Memory when I navigate there (Mavericks).

Is there a particular app that's better than others for this? Battery Health and Battery Guard are two that show up in my search with high rankings.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're not already doing so, use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of battery health and cycles and computer uptime, among many other things. A forum member has posted a copy of iStat Pro that has been "tweaked" to enhance compatibility with Mountain Lion. You can download it here.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Click on System Report and you'll get a full report on the state of your Mac.