Battery dead, cracked iphone. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carson44, Jul 21, 2008.

1. carson44 macrumors member

So over the last month i was becoming really worried about my battery life. After about one hour of talk time, wifi always on, 30min or less browsing on wifi, and texting about 50 messages a day. at the end of the day my phone is dead. So i was going to take it in to my local apple store. But then i happened to drop it and it got a crack on the screen.( I had a heavy duty case on it when i dropped it).....not very heavy duty after all. So what should i do? Does this void my warrenty? I have apple care plan and i have not had it for a year even. Im so confused on what to do!! and if they do replace it would it be a 3g or original. Any help would be greatly appreciated...THANKS

2. yode macrumors 6502

uh why would you get an original iphone? lol, anyway since it is accidental damage, you will have to pay up front for repair. I'm not sure how much it is to replace the glass, but it should be less than the 250~ i think it was for the original.
    EDIT: You didn't mention if it was a 3G or original, i'm guessing original though. So you WILL have to pay the absurd fee. but you will not get a 3G, they have refurbs.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Dropping the phone did not cause the warranty to be voided. Therefore, they should cover your battery issue.

However, the warranty does not cover accidental drops. So you would have to pay for a replacement screen. Hopefully they would give you the option of them replacing the screen and battery or just replacing the phone completely (and allow you to pick the cheaper option).

If they completely replace it, you'll be getting an original iphone though. Can't upgrade that easy (although depending on the cost of the replacement screen, it might just be cheaper to get a 3G).