Battery decrease overnight

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mowjo, Nov 6, 2011.

1. mowjo macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have received my IPad 2 a couple of weeks ago. During the last couple of days I noticed that my battery is decreasing a lot overnight. (This didnt happen before)

For example: Last night when I went to bed the battery was around 20 %. I pressed the locked button and the IPad went on standby. Then this morning when I wake up my battery is at 5 %.

How can this be ?

Could it be that an application didn't close properly ? But when the IPad is on standby there can't be any activity, or am I wrong ?

The same happened as well when I put it on Airplane mode over night.

But the weird thing is its doesnt happend every night. Two days ago nothing happened but last night it happened again.

My Ipad is not jailbroken and I am using the original Firmware.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ?

Thank you so much in advance I will really appreciate your help

Regards,

2. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Try a restore and set up as new device and sync your content back across. If that doesn't work talk to Apple.

3. sophiak macrumors newbie

Apps running all night

With our schools we've found if the kids don't close the apps over night the batteries are dry. So, double click your 'home' button at bottom of iPad. All your open applications should pop up. Hold your finger down on one of the apps until all app in this pop up bar start shaking. With the shaking (editing mode) you then get a red minus sign on the left of the app. Press that minus for all apps otherwise they are running all night.

Hope it helps.

4. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Could just be the gauge misreading while the batt is running normal. Shut off all applications running before bed than give it one total discharge, than a total recharge then one more total discharge. That's a complete cycle which calibrates the batt to the gauge. Hope or the result you want.