Battery Decreasing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidjacobs21, Aug 24, 2010.

1. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

So lately my battery seems to be decreasing twice as fast as it was just a couple weeks ago. I'm using it the same amount of time as I used to, but its decreasing like twice as fast. Anybody know why this might happen or any solutions on how to make it last longer again

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Did you install twice as many things?

Seriously... What did you change?

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Do you have any apps running in the background?

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

5. spyder721 macrumors regular

spyder721

i think i might be having the same issue... all of a sudden this week the battery is just crashing. going from like 30% to 0 in no time. and i have not changed anything. i was actually coming on here to see if anyone else had this issue... i wonder if this is a new problem!

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm on an iPhone 4.0 with OS 4.0 (haven't updated either time yet)

In the past 24 hours - my battery experience

yesterday - full charge at 7am - 17 percent at 1pm. That's not using the phone but having wifi access and 2 email accounts pushing. Normally I would be at maybe 85 percent the LOWEST by that time. Did a hard reset and also reset network settings

charged up last night and unplugged. Woke up to 54 percent. Reset network settings again and also killed my corporate email (which did have a server issue 48-96 hours ago). It's now 9:40 (2 hours, 40 min later) and I am down to 45 percent.

Hoping that the corporate email having a glitch a few days back when reset was causing this problem to manifest - will know more later today...

Very weird...

7. asr10 user macrumors regular

This has happened to me twice in the last week. And never before.

Once I went to bed at someone elses house with 70% woke up to a dead phone, and yesterday I put my phone in my locker at the gym with 50% and it was at 10% within 2 hours. Nothing was running both times, and the phone was hot both times.

If it keeps happening ill return mine, but I used to get 6-7 hours usage with 1 day 10 hour standby normally. Now im getting 4 hours usage and 1 day standby.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

could people post their phone model and OS.. I think that might help/be of interest

9. bnr macrumors newbie

I am facing the same issue:

iphone 3GS
    os version : 3.0 (7A341)