Battery Defective after first charge?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gosujc, Aug 23, 2014.

1. gosujc macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.

I just purchased a brand new Macbook Air 13 inch literally just yesterday, and I was loving it.

However after I started to charge it when it went down to 38 percent, I kept on charging it till 100 percent, but when I checked my battery life it had gone down to only 9 hours from the original 13 hours I had.

When I first turned my macbook on yesterday it had a capacity of almost 13 hours. The apple website also promises up to 12 hours on this particular macbook as well.

Is this only temporary? Or do I have a sub par battery?.

Im also not running any apps or any programs and that battery life has stayed at 9 hours capacity still.

Sorry about the bad english, not really too fluent..

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn't promise you'll get 12 hours. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The circuit that tell you have much time is left on the battery is dynamic. It will vary the indicated time continuously depending on the current load on the device.

4. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

Open applications and try to recreate what you were doing when you had a 13 hour battery