Battery degrading really fast on newest MBP 15 TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nonm, Dec 15, 2016.

1. nonm macrumors regular

nonm

Before the new update i was on 101.4% capacity. Yesterday i was on 100.3% and no im already at 99%. Anyone know whats the cause?

[​IMG]

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Normal variation of readings.
    You are watching it too closely. :D

If it drops 7% or more after a week, then you should ask Apple about that.

3. augustya macrumors 68020

augustya

Looks like overall people are not too happy about the battery in the 15" 2016 rMBP !

4. colinwil macrumors regular

Does Coconut Battery show different figures from the value in the About This Mac system report then?

My 15" MBP TB shows Full Charge Capacity (mAh) 6952. (With 6 cycles) If your figure there matches what Coconut's saying it sounds a bit low?

5. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Battery technology is as far from an exact science as you can get. It's not digital. Lithium is a clumsy, bloated beast, that will slowly decay from the sands of time alone, even if it had never been charged once.

Battery health can give a different reading based on how much charge you currently have, how accurate the OS is interpreting the capacity, or even how warm your laptop is. This is partly why you shouldn't worry or question 99% 'health', as much as you did for 101% health...

If real-world performance and battery life drops by a significant margin, then sure, check Coconut. Otherwise you'll just be fuelling your own paranoia and impact the enjoyment of your laptop in the process.

6. nonm thread starter macrumors regular

nonm

Well tbh my battery was being exceptional after the new update.

[​IMG]

7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Only within the confines of the internet echo chamber.