Battery Died?

AndreaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I think my iphone 4 battery died. When not plugged in, the screen display is that of it telling me to plug it in. When I plug it in, the little lightening bolt appears but it does not appear to be charging. The phone will not turn on nor will itunes detect it. What could be wrong?
Thanks,
Andrea

Swagger714

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the homebutton and the powerbutton at the same time for atleast 10 seconds until a picture appears telling you to connect your phone to iTunes.

AndreaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Alright is there a faith for mac? And just to clarify I wasn't jailbreaking my phone or anything it simply died on me.

AndreaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
okay...is there anything else I can do? Is it possible that the battery died though?

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
okay...is there anything else I can do? Is it possible that the battery died though?
Has it been exposed to extreme heat lately? My friend left her iPhone outside on her deck table and even under an umbrella/table parasol, it got cooked and wouldn't turn on for like 3 days. Eventually she screwed it up again and gave it to me for parts but that's besides the point. :D

AndreaN

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
oh haha nope it has been acting fine I just happen to wake up this morning late I might add because my phone alarm did not go off, so I went to plug it in to charge and nothing happened, it wont charge.