Battery Died?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AndreaN, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AndreaN macrumors member

I think my iphone 4 battery died. When not plugged in, the screen display is that of it telling me to plug it in. When I plug it in, the little lightening bolt appears but it does not appear to be charging. The phone will not turn on nor will itunes detect it. What could be wrong?
    Thanks,
    Andrea

2. Swagger714 macrumors newbie

Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the homebutton and the powerbutton at the same time for atleast 10 seconds until a picture appears telling you to connect your phone to iTunes.

3. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

okay I tried that, but the battery screen still remains.

4. Swagger714 macrumors newbie

5. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

Alright is there a faith for mac? And just to clarify I wasn't jailbreaking my phone or anything it simply died on me.

6. Swagger714 macrumors newbie

7. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

okay...is there anything else I can do? Is it possible that the battery died though?

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Has it been exposed to extreme heat lately? My friend left her iPhone outside on her deck table and even under an umbrella/table parasol, it got cooked and wouldn't turn on for like 3 days. Eventually she screwed it up again and gave it to me for parts but that's besides the point. :D

9. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

oh haha nope it has been acting fine I just happen to wake up this morning late I might add because my phone alarm did not go off, so I went to plug it in to charge and nothing happened, it wont charge.