Battery dies at 17%?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honza, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Honza macrumors member

Multiple times I have had my iPhone shut itself off due to low battery at percentages above 5%. Today it happened at 17% - either iOS BLOWS at calculating battery percentage, or there's something wrong. I have not been performing intensive tasks when the battery dies, i.e. mostly due to texting, etc. As a side note, my iPad mini often goes down to 1% without dying.

Anybody else frustrated by this iPhone issue? Or do I have a problem with my battery?

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Mine does at 20%...

3. Honza thread starter macrumors member

Also had other issues such as battery going from 44-17% in minutes, charging from 10%-32% instantly, and other erratic behavior.

Took it in to an Apple Store and they showed me the diagnostic saying that my battery is in the red area and should be replaced. I guess it's not due to ios7, though that's when I noticed it. As I'm out of warranty, I'll use the extended warranty from my credit card to pay for the battery.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

From 44 to 17% in minutes, strange behavior while charging, your battery was clearly defective .... This time is not iOS 7's fault