Battery dies with 15% left

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayMosEnvied, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JayMosEnvied macrumors member

JayMosEnvied

Has this happened to anyone yet? This happened to me two nights in a row. I take my charger off as soon as it hits 100% about to hit up Apple if it happens again. I'm using the 6 plus by the way

2. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a bad battery. My iPhone 5 which has one that has been recalled did the same thing.

3. Techie26 macrumors newbie

My 5 does this from time to time too. What I found on a site and it may have been here when I used to lurk was let it shut down. Not sure if it applies to the 6 Plus as I am still waiting for mine. :mad:

So let it shut down.

Plug it in the wall and as soon as it comes up unplug it and do a hard reboot (Top and Home Button until Apple logo comes up.) then plug it back in and don't touch it for four hours. Sometimes I had to do it twice but now my phone goes all the way down.

AGAIN that was the 5 and this didn't start happening for about a year and a half so you may want to bring it to the Apple store to have the battery checked. Not to mention that process may not even apply to the new phones. Not sure but just wanted to mention it.

4. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Your 5s batter is done. Need a new one. And as for op go to Apple Store and get a new phone. It shouldn't be dying early.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yep, that happened with my 5 too; it died at 18%, then when I plugged it in, it restarted at 18% too. I took it into Apple (before they did the official recall), they ran a diagnostic, and replaced the battery for free.