Battery dminishes without use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, May 21, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have an iPhone 4 on Verizon. Even when the phone is in my pocket, it seems to eat up the battery without me using it. I have all background apps closed, brightness about 30% with auto on, not sure what the deal is. Does the battery die more quickly in less coverage areas? I think this might be the problem seeing how I only get 3 bars in my house. I usually get about 4 hours of usage and 10 standby. Maybe I'm just overexaggerating.

2. iKoopa macrumors member

iKoopa

4 hours of usage, and ten standby doesn't sound all too good to begin with.
    To answer your question, yes, you do use up more power in low to no coverage areas.
    Depending on how you use it, you will get different results though.
    On average I can get 15 hours of battery of moderate usage.
    6-8 hours of music in a two day span.
    A couple of Edge phone calls. (3G quality I really do not notice a difference.)
    Text messages on Edge. (These I do loads of.)
    Depending on the day, I can get a little more, or a little less.

Especially if I'm working, I do not have time to play games, and browse social networks, so 3G is always off since all I'd be doing is texting, and answering important phone calls. My instant messengers are set to mobile, so they come in as texts so I do not have to constantly shuffle from app to app.

I owned an iPod Touch first, so I suppose it sort of alleviates the heavier workload compared to other people, from the phone. I do all of the toying around on my iPod.

When I'm at home, 3G is on, because this when I do the most networking, although I've been cutting back on that as well.

3. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

This may occur by wearing the phone. Here are some tips you may or may not know about the iPhone batteries. Hope it helps:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html