Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Anybody in here has same problem like me
.... i feel it drain more than default version 11

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
same as mine ,,, so i decide to get back mu previous version better ,,,,

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 10 is amazing compared to 11
Ever since I updated to 11.2 my battery life only last 4 hours on my iPhone compared to 8 hours before
But your X that is experiencing that never ran iOS 10.
[doublepost=1512405893][/doublepost]
iPhone 7 Plus here and huge battery drain ever since iOS 10.3.3. It’s not going to be fixed imo.
Except it seems like things noticeably improved for your iPhone 7 Plus just with iOS 11.2.

Reactions: BigMcGuire and Yun0

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
My battery has been fine since clean install of 11.1.2.. 7-8 hours use on 6S, 12 hours use on Air2.. My battery was crap all through iOS 10 until 10.3.1.

audqyee

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2017
Modesto, CA
Same here (iPhone X). Looking qt the battery consumption, YouTube app seems to be the culprit, at least for me anyways. So I deleted it. It was consuming around 30-35% of background activity even when I updated it (w/c was supposed to fix it) and I wasn’t even using it! Here’s hoping that deleting YouTube would solve the problem.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
My battery life on X is great. Has been great with each update. End of day still have >70%

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
11.2 is KILLING my battery life.

I was at 61% after the same usage for 8 Mo that would land me around 80% range.

Also 11.2 deleted all my VM and apple CS is saying countless ppl are experiencing this problem.

Apple has turned into a pile of crap. Every single update is causing a new issue. Unbelievable. They have turned into android of 5 years ago.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
If I’m reading the battery stats correctly, safari used up 30% in less then 1.4 hours.

Definitely sounds a bit on the high side if we're talking browsing Macrumors or something light. Not sure what you can there. Maybe: -

- check your overall battery health
- disable or replace your adblocker to see if that's at play

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
Definitely sounds a bit on the high side if we're talking browsing Macrumors or something light. Not sure what you can there. Maybe: -

Very light browsing. I’ll disable the Adblockers just to test it out, but it wasn’t an issue before.

I’m at 63% right now and I should be in the 80% battery life. And this a new 6s+ that I bought from Apple about 4 month ago.

I’ll figure it out in the next few days.

audqyee

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2017
Modesto, CA

Not necessarily though, at least in my own opinion. I'm reading it as Safari using 30% of the 1 something hour since you unplugged it. For example, you can have 80% of Safari battery consumption over 30 minutes since that's really about the only app you were using in that time span.

Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption. New to the Apple ecosystem.

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Not necessarily though, at least in my own opinion. I'm reading it as Safari using 30% of the 1 something hour since you unplugged it. For example, you can have 80% of Safari battery consumption over 30 minutes since that's really about the only app you were using in that time span.

Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption. New to the Apple ecosystem.

Ah, you’re right I think. I never really have battery issues, so never check it.

Very light browsing. I’ll disable the Adblockers just to test it out, but it wasn’t an issue before.

I’m at 63% right now and I should be in the 80% battery life. And this a new 6s+ that I bought from Apple about 4 month ago.

I’ll figure it out in the next few days.

I guess what you need to look at is the power per minute per application, along with any background activity.

audqyee

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2017
Modesto, CA
Ah, you’re right I think. I never really have battery issues, so never check it.

At what point did I say there was never any battery issues? And at what I point did I say that you never have to check it?

I'm obviously in this thread, meaning I TOO have an issue with the battery drain. Jesus.. Please re-read my post and review how to calculate percentages.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
At what point did I say there was never any battery issues? And at what I point did I say that you never have to check it?

I'm obviously in this thread, meaning I TOO have an issue with the battery drain. Jesus.. Please re-read my post and review how to calculate percentages.

I think you misread my post. I was agreeing with your correction and explaining my misunderstanding of the figures by saying it’s not a thing I really ever check.

Thumbs upped the original post I was agreeing with to reiterate, you were correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.