iPhone Battery Drain After Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Packer2058, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Packer2058 macrumors newbie

Is this normal? I've experienced a crazy drain, like a 1% drain every minute. Has anyone else noticed an increased battery drain after Jailbreaking? Please help me out :) thank you!

2. Regal macrumors regular

Regal

It would help us if you tell what tweaks you have installed;)

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

It's not the jailbreak, but a tweak you installed.

4. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

This^ 100%.

5. badeshka1 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Horrible battery drain. the wierd thing is that i dont have any tweaks installed. just cydia. and when i unjailbreak my battery life is SOOOO much better. please help, i wanna enjoy the awesome tweaks and such but theyre all no good if my phone is dead half the time :/

6. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

That's crazy. I've had three iphones, all of which I jb'ed multiple times and I never noticed a sliver of difference between stock and jb in terms of battery life. I'd go as far as to say that 8.4 does better than 8.1.2 on my 5S in that regard.

Check general>usage>battery to see what uses the most power. Install batterylife from cydia to check if your battery isn't dying.

7. badeshka1 macrumors newbie

okay, i went to my general>usage>batteryusage. in the last 24 hours snapchat has used the most battery(37%) right after that whatsapp(21%) then Home lock screen(14%) then musicaudio (9%) then FacebookBackgound Activity(7%) the rest is just other small apps that have used >2% in the last 24 hours.

BTW. I also have a 5S so the battery life should be identical to yours. Wierd... I hope i can get this fixed soon because i really wanna enjoy the awesome tweaks and general cydia stuff!!!