Battery drain cured for me on 4.3.1!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bludragon06, Apr 14, 2011.

1. bludragon06, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

bludragon06 macrumors regular

Everyone...... Just to update everyone here! I am running 4.3.1 on my phone! I'm jailbroken but had horrible battery drain after updating. After following some other people's talk about going to the restrictions settings under general and turning off ping and the other unnecessary apps it helped a little! This is what cured everything!

Go to settings/ then go down to store/ then click your email/ then turn it off! It cured my drain!!!!!! Try it and see what happens!

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

umm, A, there is no store/email under settings/general, or in restrictions.
    and B, even if I could turn off the store, why would I want to? And C, how do you know this has fixed your problem after only 2 hours?

hope you're not a teacher for a living.

3. bludragon06 thread starter macrumors regular

If you want to be a douche go somewhere else! I can say from experience! My phone was down to 45% at this time the last 3 days! I am at 73% right now with more than normal use and talking on Bluetooth!

All I am trying to do is help the people that have been having battery drain problems like I was! You don't have any problems then great! But you don't have to be a douche about it!

4. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

What he means is signing out of the Apple Store. It is under Settings/Store. And how do you know that he has only had 4.3.1 for 2 hours? It was 4.3.2 that came out today.

I hope your not a lawyer for a living. lol

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Wow a little harsh there don't ya think.
    Especially since reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong-suit.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7. bludragon06 thread starter macrumors regular

All good! Espresso makes my fiancé flip too! Put the espresso down and step away from the coffee cup and no one gets hurt lol! Ha ha ha!

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Turning off store won't do anything to your battery life. It will remain the same. It's ping that's causing any 'issues' you may be having. It was posted on the Apple help forum. Well, there was multiple threads about it.

9. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed.

Make sure you also have your Wi-Fi turned off when you're not using it, some people don't do that, but if you keep it on, your iPhone will continuously be searching for Wi-Fi, hence hurting your battery life.

10. bludragon06 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I actually tried turning ping off for 1 day and it still ate the battery! So I turned off the store and my battery is back to normal! Maybe mine is unique! I dunno!

11. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

Just turned off ping on my iPhone 4. First time messing with it as I've never realley had battery issues. Just trying to maximize it though.

What did the 'ping' feature do anyway?

Thanks for the advice!

12. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Doing this and turning Ping off did nothing for my battery, downgraded now anyway :cool: