Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmalig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Philippines
I am having this problem with my iPhone's short battery life due to MS exchange. I have been using MS Exchange in my iphone for more than a year now. At first, there was no problem and everything was running perfectly. My calendar, notes, and contacts are synced with my Google account seamlessly. However, I noticed recently, after the roll out of the latest iOS update using the cloud service, that my battery has been draining very fast. Before, one full charge would last more than a day. Now, I have to charge 3 times a day because my battery is immediately drained and my phone becomes very warm even at stand by. I identified exchange as the culprit because my contacts hang everytime I try to use it, as if it was constantly updating even without a wi-fi connection. Now I turned off my Exchange and my battery life has significantly improved. I hope somebody can tell me what to do on how to address this, if there is even a solution before the next iOS update. I hope I can use Exchange again without any issues because it is very convenient.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Sorry, I'm confused. Do you sync to Google using the Microsoft Exchange selection when you set it up, or do you also sync to a Microsoft Exchange server.

Either way, I assume you are running 4.3.3? If this e-mail account was fine before the symptoms you are describing can be for a application issue or an upgrade issue (since I'm again assuming you didn't change the push settings). I'm not the search police but from the other threads on this type of issue the recommendation is to restore the phone as a new phone.

I make this suggestion understanding you identified your contacts sync as the issue and all I can say is undo or repeat the last change you made which is the iOS upgrade.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.