Battery drain on idle (is this normal?)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rvsty, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Rvsty macrumors newbie

I feel my my battery drain is so annoying that it made me sign up just to ask.

I got my iphone 6S+ Friday. Updated to 9.0.1 Since then i haven't used it except to adjust settings. Downloaded apps but did not sign in yet (FB, twitter, etc) i am currently seeing a drain of ~3% per hour while i sleep. Even during the day its about 2-3% per hour without me touching it.

I have wifi on, but everything else like bluetooth, cellular data, location services, backgroundapp refresh, parallax, app store auto upgrade, fitness motion all turned off.

Is this level of drainage during idle normal?

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

screenshot your battery usage in setting. let's see what's using up your battery.

3. rigormortis, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

have you seen that new feature where you can see how much time your iPhone has spent running a specific task on the battery page? great feature , i never knew facebook and facebook messenger still run for hours in the background even though you turned off background activity for it

my battery question is for example it says
    time since last charge
    usage 5 hours and 24 minutes. ( this is the time that the iphone was actually awake and doing something )
    standby 16 hours 10 minutes ( this is the time that the iPhone was sleeping )

is the total run time 16 hours and 10 minutes? or is the total run time 21 hours??

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the stock genius bar answer is your iPhone has :
    Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G

Internet use: Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi

HD video playback: Up to 11 hours

Audio playback: Up to 50 hours

Standby time: Up to 10 days

and you say "my iPhone's usage was 5 hours and 26 minutes, and my battery level is 56 %"
    and they say , "well thats fine because you already used it for 5 hours and 26 minutes"

background activity and apps getting location information in the background counts as usage.

5. Rvsty thread starter macrumors newbie

Look at the screenshot, it says 53mins of usage. But i didnt not use it. I've only clicked the power button at max 10x during thay 4 hrs, to check on my percentage. Where did it get 53mins worth of usage?

Attached Files:

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Use the phone for a bit (as in actually use some apps) and then check there again to see what gets listed as using up your battery.

7. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Both the new iPad and the older iPhone are showing more battery drain during stand-by since iOS9 for me. It's not a lot, but it's more than iOS8. But beyond that, battery usage is basically the same, the iPad it's actually improved.