Battery drain / overheat from "Restore"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lk400, Aug 16, 2015.

1. lk400 macrumors 6502a

My battery is currently draining fast and phone overheating. The usage list shows an app/process called "restore" which is causing the drain. Battery dropping 1% every minute or two. Sometimes I wake up and the phone is very hot to touch.

The phone is not currently restoring from iCloud, and I have no app called restore.

iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.4.1

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Attached Files:

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Have you tried restoring your phone to factory settings?

3. lk400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried this, but it is still happening. As it is really hot sometimes in the morning, I have become a little afraid that the battery may explode during the night.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's still under warranty. It doesn't sound normal. Take it in to an Apple Store.

5. lk400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you - I will do this!

6. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

before taking it to the store, i'd probably do a dfu on this and see if it fixes it.

7. lk400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I have just tried this today (a normal reset + erase all settings hadnt worked). The iphone is still restoring from icloud after the DFU, so lets see how it goes.

At this point I am also concerned whether there has been any damage to the battery, as it was draining so fast each time.