Battery Drain Overnight?

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
So, how much are we all losing in battery life whilst sleeping? I turn my cellular data off and turn it to 'Do Not Disturb'. I woke up today, 7 hours later and my phone was showing 92%.

My iPhone 4 only used to lose 2-3% overnight with the data off. Would anyone else mind checking?

SinkOrSwim

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
California
So, how much are we all losing in battery life whilst sleeping? I turn my cellular data off and turn it to 'Do Not Disturb'. I woke up today, 7 hours later and my phone was showing 92%.

My iPhone 4 only used to lose 2-3% overnight with the data off. Would anyone else mind checking?
Delete apps running in the background.

Markyboy81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011

Do you leave wifi on? Ideally you should lose half a percent an hour although most people don't achieve this.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Apps don't run in background in iOS. Clearing them only clears recently run apps.

Mail does run in the background. Reducing polling can help. Reduce notifications. Communications configurations, ie Bluetooth vs wifi vs lte. Those settings can make a difference.

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
3G, Bluetooth and wifi all off overnight. I've turned off fetch for mail, location based ads, location date and time and a couple of others. I don't send diagnostics. I'll see how much i lose tonight I guess!