Battery Drain with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SteinMaster, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

Just installed Lion today and the 10.7.1 update. I noticed my battery has been draining quicker than Snow Leopard. Anyone notice this as a problem. Other than this and the natural scrolling (which I turned off), I have not had any issues so far. I really like Lion.

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

I had the same issue....My battery life went from 7 hours to 3.5 after Lion upgrade. I then did a clean reformat and install thinking it was the upgrade. But no luck. After a week on Lion I went back SL. I will wait until I hear the next update fixes the battery issues. We are not alone with battery issues..check the Apple support forums...Here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3194235?start=0&tstart=0

3. Taz Mangus, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Try resetting SMC. After I reset SMC I noticed that I was not getting the same battery life as I was getting from Snow Leopard. After I reset SMC the battery life went back to the where it should be as I was getting in Snow Leopard.

4. bully worm macrumors regular

I see that a lot of people are having battery problems after Lion upgrade.

I for one, have not seen any battery drainage. [MBP late 09]

Are there other people out there that are in the same boat as I am?

5. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm also having a huge battery drain with lion. Did the SMC reset and also let the battery drain completely down as per apple support. Then I went to the Genius Bar and had them check the battery. They said it was ok and it could be, lion is just has more running inside. I'll see how it goes.

Jerry