Battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Emrexx, May 29, 2015.

1. Emrexx macrumors newbie

Had my I phone 5c for 2 weeks but not happy with the battery drainage. Is this ok ? What is your usage times?

Attached Files:

2. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

Hmm, I know Snapchat is a bit contribute to a draining battery, however to further extend your battery life go to Settings - General - Background App Refresh, and uncheck all of the boxes.

Another thing tat a lot of people don't know, your iPhone is constantly tracking your location. (Bit creepy I know.) To turn this off, go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services - Frequent locations and turn it off.

Hope it helps :)

Attached Files:

3. Emrexx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but I have turned background refresh off and reset my phone earlier this week and turned off location services .

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I'm not completely familiar with what the 5C battery usage should be, but those figures don't seem that terrible if you're at 61%.

Are you mostly on WiFi or cellular?

In comparison, my 6+ is currently sitting on 28% after 5 hours 34 minutes usage, and 17 hours, 17 minutes standby. I've mostly been on 4G this charge cycle I think.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

For a 5c those numbers seem just fine.

6. Emrexx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys #and on wifi only, no 3G or 4g left.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, based on the screenshot, you are connected to a cellular network as well (and the signal in that screenshot seems like it might not be all that great, which can contribute to some higher battery usage).

8. Emrexx thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh true .Might as well put on 2g for the rest of the month.