Battery drainage issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rye9, Apr 21, 2012.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Ok so the battery has been draining incredibly fast recently, so I restarted it, closed every app, and last night did a restore followed by restore from backup. The problem persisted.

Specifically, the problem was that the "Usage" and "standby" battery times were very similar, and with Location Services and practically everything OFF, I knew that something shady was going on, especially after my troubleshooting attempts. So I took it to the Genius Bar today, and they did a DFU firmware restore he said, however I'd really like to plug it into my computer to get all of my music back, and the Camera Roll photos. Is there any way to do this safely? I was warned that doing so could bring back the "buggy software" although I'd really like my pics and all back...

2. MarioS macrumors newbie

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

The newest... 5.1 I believe?

And I found this for resorting the texts, maybe? Assuming I set up as new and transfer the music, etc that way. If I'm correct, the only thing's I'd need to manually do afterwards are the texts, camera roll, and app placement? Is app data reset, too (like games and stuff)?