battery drainage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamaica14, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jamaica14 macrumors member

I'm getting really annoyed with the fast battery drainage with my second gen iPod touch 16GB. I mean I listen to music for like three or four hours and the battery doesent even move. and then I open up safari for like five minutes and the damn battery just drains drasticly(If that's how you spell it). I mean am
    I the only one that gets annoyed by this I mean come on it's annoying.the battery has gone down pretty damn fast. I know it's norml I just want to post this.:mad:

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

i bought the 32GB iPod Touch 2G, and my battery lasts all day (i mostly use internet/email and apps such as x-plane, iProcrastinate, cro-mag, etc.). Perhaps you should try draining the battery till the iPod dies, and then charging it all the way up. I've heard that sometimes that can improve battery life.

3. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I've done that but no noticable improvement, it's weird though I mean there was one battery cycle that the ipod lasted noticibaly longer but the next charge it went back being just as bad

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Actually, the battery life is fine. You have to calibrate the SoC (State of Charge) meter.

5. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

and how exactly do i do that?:confused:

6. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

I'd like an elaboration of that comment as well thanks. I've had some weird battery problems with my iPod Touch G2 16GB. Same thing as well: Safari just owns the battery while music doesnt make it move. I've charged to full the first time, let it go down to 0, then recharged again, and it still takes a good bit of battery out with safari after just 30 min of use.

7. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

any1:confused:?

8. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

9. liferules macrumors member

I'm also having battery life issues. Doesn't hold a charge well at all. I'm coming off using a Palm T3 which held a charge all week, and the touch loses its charge daily after just a few hours of use.

I hope this is not a system wide issue, and that it is a just a few people who can get theirs remedied...

10. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

as far as i know, calibration of the battery is using the device till the battery dies, and then charging it all the way up again.

11. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

thanks. So that all?

12. sgtboy macrumors 6502

13. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Sorry for taking so long to answer. Yep, that's about it. Charge it up, use it until it dies, then charge it up again. Mind you, don't do this too often, as it isn't great for the battery itself.

14. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

thank you

15. AK CH macrumors newbie

Don't go by what the battery meter shows, only by how long it lasts.