Battery drained and now can't log on???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jnette, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jnette macrumors member

I was using my mac at the kitchen table yesterday and didn't notice that the ac had become dislodged from the plug in.. and when I went to shut down last night, noticed the battery icon/indicator was marked in red... either really low or drained. Don't know which.

Today I went to log in, and it's rejecting both accounts. Won't accept login passwords. Also, the icon picture for the second account is missing.

Did I mess something up badly? Why can't I log on now? Why is it not accepting my passwords? Does running the battery down too far screw things up like this?

ACK !!!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Low battery power shouldn't ever result in anything like this. Can you boot from the OSX discs and repair the drive (if necessary)? What were you using the machine for before this occurred?

3. jnette thread starter macrumors member

No........ forgive me. I'm FINE. :eek:

I messed up. I was exhausted from work yesterday, and have been fooling around after work non-stop with setting up new maill accounts, new this, new that, between both my windows PC and the mac laptop.. all the passwords, etc., and it wasn't the battery at all !!! (altough I had run it down).

But in all my recent redoing of things, I had just kept typing in the wrong password !!! :eek:

Very embarassing, I know. It dawned on me when I went to bed and couldn't sleep.. wondering what I had done to the laptop THIS time !!! :rolleyes:

I jumped out of bed, typing in the correct password, and sure enough, that's what it was. Oh my.

So sorry to have bothered you.

And yes.. I have been spending lots of time with the GUIDES... they are awesome ! A tremendous help to a totally mac challenged newbie. :p

I plan on spending MUCH time with my nose buried in those guides, so I won't be such a pest.

Thanx again. :)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Haha! Mate, don't worry about it. Always feel free to ask a question or two here if you can't find the questions with a quick search. It's good to know nothing's wrong with your machine. :)