Battery drained in 4 hours :( in night

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IndianGuy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

So fully charge battery till midnight - there is no active use of phone (not even browsing) - and in morning I get to 2% battery life - wth

Is there remedy or it's advisable to take it to genius bar?

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

For problems like this it's usually a software glitch. I would recommend restoring before taking the trip to the genius bar.

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I usually only lose about 5% battery overnight.

4. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

5. Savor Suspended

Savor

I full charged by midnight. Turned airplane mode on and battery life is still at 100% more than 10 hours later.

6. michaelfields macrumors regular

set it up as a new phone... for the 1000th time............

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

8. Dark K macrumors member

Putting the phone on Airplane mode will drastically improve battery life, that is if you don't need service overnight, but your problem looks more like a previous poster said, software glitch, or faulty battery.

9. Tunster macrumors 6502

Did you leave any apps that make use of the "standby mode" active in your multi-task menu? Maybe one of those has a glitch and is running your battery dry quicker than it should. Close them all, get the battery to 100% and then see what happens.

I just leave my phone on charge all night so I have 100% in the morning :).

10. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I've been fiddling a bit with doing a hard boot of my iPhone 4 (hold both sleep and home buttons down until I see the Apple logo) and then testing frequently used apps to see which one is eating my battery (even though I quit the App by pressing the home button a single time). I've got it narrowed down to two possible suspects: The 'Facebook' app and 'Angry Birds'.

Beyond Mail and Safari, those are the two apps I use most often. Between the two, I'm leaning toward 'Angry Birds' as being the possible culprit. More testing is needed though.

Mark