Battery Draining Faster Than Usual

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

The last 2-3 days my battery has been draining faster than it normally does. I haven't downloaded any new programs and just wondering what could be causing this to happen. I tried doing a hard reset to no avail. Any ideas?

2. voxnj macrumors regular

I experienced the same change. I traced it back to changing the Auto Lock time from 2 mins to much more. AFter going back to 2 mins, battery returned to normal. (Also check blue tooth, 3G and wifi settings)

3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Auto lock has always been set to 1 min and still is. Bluetooth is off as always and 3G & WiFi are on as usual. GPS is off. I think I may just need to re-calibrate the battery.

4. voxnj macrumors regular

5. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I had the exact same issue. I finally realized it was push that was draining the battery.

The odd thing was that I had always had push set to 'on' but all of a sudden the battery would start to drain incredibly fast. Once I switched push to 'off' the battery life returned to normal.

Do you have push enabled? Try switching it off.

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Yeah, push kills the battery really quickly. Without push I can almost use my iPhone for 2 days without charging... With push it barely lasts a day.

7. pavvento macrumors 6502

I'm heading into an Apple store today to get my checked out. I've been having some awful performance problems lately, but one of them is definitely battery.

I have 3G and WiFi off, and push on. I can usually get a full day and have about 30% remaining (full day 7am-11pm). Now I'm getting the 20% indicator by 8pm, and nothing has changed.

8. firewood macrumors 604

Could be a weak cell signal. Too few bars, and your iPhone will turn its transmitter power way up, draining the battery much faster.

I switch my iPhone to airplane mode when I'm out of usable cell coverage for any period of time. Seems to help.

9. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Good to know. Mine has been draining at a record rate lately also. But I am a Freelancer, so I need to get my email immediately. I'll just keep it plugged in when I can.