Battery draining like hell on 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alundra, May 11, 2014.

1. Alundra macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Is this normal? I'm only using Facebook and web browsing.

----------

It hardly ever gets me through the end of the day.

I'm on 7.1.1 btw

2. Honza1 macrumors member

It is possible - and it is actually not THAT bad.

Main culprit - check the signal strength - both phone and wifi.

My battery life is related to phone/wifi signal - I can get really great battery life when I am in area with strong signal, when I am at work (mostly metal building), where the phone signal is really bad, I do not get through work day. Apparently when signal is weak, the phone is working extra hard to keep you connected...

You can put the phone in airplane mode/disable wifi, that will save batteries. Not that useful as phone, though;-)

This has nothing to do with phone type, every phone does this. My Blackberry, Android, and iPhone behave same way. Some last longer in general or there may be more controls (then iPhone) available. But this is not hardware or software issue.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

That's not bad at all. Try turning off some system services to see if it helps.

4. Alundra thread starter macrumors regular

This was actually a good day.

Usually i get only about 4 hours of use instead of the 6 i got today.

I have already turned off some background app updates and some push notifications.

Its kind of disappointing because i come from a samsung galaxy s4 which had much better battery life. I love my 5S much more though, but with better battery life, android phones seem much more like a smartphone than iphones where you have to turn off everything to get a good battery life out of it.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

6. mib1800 macrumors 68000

What can you expect with miniscule iphone battery? And in iOS 7 it is trying to provide android like capability like background processing which is heavier on battery.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

As the other poster said, signal strength makes a lot of difference. However, FB and web browsing will quickly chew through the battery. Try removing all apps from your recently used app list and then reset (reboot) the phone. You may have a rogue process.