Battery draining more quickly on standby!! :/

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShaunAFC3, Apr 27, 2016.

1. ShaunAFC3, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

I have an IPad Air 2 and had it for over 2 months and the battery was great and it was draining only by none or 1% over night no any apps/games running in the background and the brightest was on zero brightness and the the wifi/Bluetooth was off as well.

But recently this last week the battery on standby is not as good, over night on standby the battery keeps losing a least 3/4% and the funny thing is it is on zero brightness, the wifi/Bluetooth is off and no apps/games running in the background and night shift was turned off.

But why my iPad Air 2 battery is draining more quickly on stand by 3/4% then only none or 1% over night now?? Will it get worse over time? And how do I fix it or make it stop??

And I am on IOS 9.3 on my iPad Air 2, So maybe IOS 9.3 is more battery draining??..... :/

2. Wando64 macrumors 6502

In my experience it is very, very, very unusual for iPads to have battery problems.
    As long as it performs to the expected specifications (8 to 10 hours usage, depending on the type of usage) there is no reason to be concerned by any apparently weird battery behaviour.
    My advice would be to stop looking at the percentage and stop worrying, until and unless it becomes a real issue.

By the way, if you go to Setting, Battery, you will see exactly what has been using your battery change.

3. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I'd highly recommend this, it's very unlikely to be iOS 9.3, more than likely that it's a rogue application update.

4. Zimba4real macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - only with iOS 9.3.1. Checked battery usage - 57% Safari! Why is Safari suddenly draining my battery - and I don't use it often.

I should also add that my problem is with the iPhone 5S