Battery draining on iPhone 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamvogue, Mar 16, 2014.

1. iamvogue macrumors newbie

Hey enthusiasts,

Yesterday I posted a thread asking about whether is it normal for my iPhone 5C to charge up rather fast. I've also realise that it does depletes quickly too. I usually use Twitter/Facebook when I'm out on 4G. It seems that every 2-3 minutes, it drains 1% of the battery. I'm pretty concerned about this, can anyone tell me whether it's normal?

Thank you.

2. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

That's pretty normal on 4G/LTE. It equates to about 5hrs usage

3. iamvogue thread starter macrumors newbie

But it kind of drains 1% every 2-3 minutes of usage which bothers me quite a bit.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

mine does that every now and then. I'm guessing that I don't give it a full charge. Or after I charge it, it feels hot or a lot of apps that require wifi are on. So I put close the apps and put in airplane mode for a few minutes. Then all the madness stops. lol

5. iamvogue thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, full charge or not, mine still does that everytime. Normal?:confused:

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Let it go to 0% and give it a full charge with the wall charger (not to a computer). Make sure you close all apps and put the iPhone in Airplane mode while you charge. See if that works.

It could be other things running in the background. When I'm out and I have the Cellular (data) turned on, the battery sometimes will run faster. I have games like WWF and Mail apps open along with FB. So I close out all apps except for Settings App and DataMan app. The only thing that I have pushed is Mail and FB in notifications. iTunes requires wifi only.. I know I'm not going to download any songs with LTE while I drive so stuff like that is restricted to wifi only. There are a few apps that I have pushed notifications on like Weather, Starbucks, a few stores, etc. But when I know I'm going to be out for awhile I close all the apps. I'm not worried about the data but the battery draining.

I've notice it will drain too if I didn't give it a full charge (sometimes).

7. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I have had the same problem. I am not sure if it exists now. I am in the middle of charging as I type this. My sister, who has an earlier version of an iPhone told me to make sure all the apps running in the background are off. That's easy to check. Just go to your home screen and double click the home button on the bottom of your phone and just swipe off anything that's there, then charge your phone as normal.

8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Let your phone battery die and then charge It to 100%, after that use your phone till 50% and put it back charging... Charge your phone when It is 20/30 % to full and let your battery die once a month :) And check your recent downloaded apps, maybe some of them drain your battery..