Battery draining quickly

Runnyridah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
So for the past month, I've noticed that my MacBook Air Mid 2013 battery has been draining quickly. I've downloaded a battery health app and it says the health of my battery is fine. I'm only at 162 cycles as the battery was replaced last year. But given that the app says the health is fine, I'm leaning towards that something on my mac is using the battery a lot.

Last night I charged the computer to 100% (green light) then I unplugged it, without opening the laptop, leaving it asleep. 30 minutes later I opened it and it was at 80% and it was connected to wifi. I tried something today where I left it with wifi turned off and 30 minutes later the battery barely changed. Both times I had all apps closed and quit. I'm not sure how to check if I have some strange app or process using anything. Under battery with "apps using significant power" it said nothing. Under 'nettop' in terminal, I don't see anything strange.

My only thought is the battery from 'macsales' took a crap. Its 1.5 years old and they gave no support. But given that different apps, including the mac itself, are saying the battery health is fine, I'm confused where to start. Any thoughts?
[doublepost=1542406409][/doublepost]I am also on Mojave

Runnyridah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Use coconut flavor's app to check health too. It will also indicate the maximum charge held by the battery.

Where did you get the battery?

I got the battery from MacSales, and yea I used coconut flavor to see the health is fine

Runnyridah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Through that app it’s saying 101%.

Yet with normal internet usage, it’ll last like 4 hours

Runnyridah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Sounds like something is preventing the MacBook from entering deep sleep.

If you are using Chrome, switch to using Safari to increase battery life.

All this has happened with chrome closed and ‘quit’

It could still be the issue?