Battery draining when plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VTBoy206, May 5, 2009.

1. VTBoy206 macrumors newbie

Oh man! My battery is draining when the cord is plugged in. It is now only at 70%! What is wrong? Is there a way I can chat with a technician or something?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well what are you doing with your computer anyways? You can also get apple care's number from Apple's website they might want you to take it to a genius bar at the apple store to get it checked out. :)

3. VTBoy206 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to call them but I bought this in September and so it is out of the 3 months period. My computer's plugged in and everything. When I click on the icon (charged icon) it says battery is not charging, power source: power adapter, but only 69%.

4. p.luik macrumors regular

Press the button on the bottom and see what it says. Also, disconnect from the charger and check what it says. It may just be reading the battery incorrectly.

5. VTBoy206 thread starter macrumors newbie

so now basically plugging and unplugging just changes the "half-filled" battery icon to the "cord" icon. ugh!

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But the "cord" icon means, that the battery is charging, normally of course.

So doesn't it charge then, even with the "cord" icon being visible?

7. VTBoy206 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is it said battery not charging. I just shut down and restarted. Seems to have fixed everything. I wonder if I should bring this up with apple?

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I wouldn't bother, unless it actually affected how full the battery could charge. But it looks like it's fixed now, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)