Battery draining

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by verdejt, Sep 26, 2018.

1. verdejt macrumors 6502

verdejt

I have a Series 2 Nike edition. Since I have upgraded to WatchOS 5 I notice that when I finish my work day the battery is down to 45% or less. Before the upgrade I would finish my day and I would be at about 70% battery life. My work day is from 0730-1600. I work a lot outside. I'm a day custodian at a middle school and I'm always moving but nothing different when I was on WatchOS 4. Looking for everyone's experience on battery life with WatchOS 5.

2. CanadaPanda macrumors newbie

Yes, my Series 3, just yesterday. It was around 8pm and I got a notification that it was at 10%. I’m not sure what it’s normally at by then, but it was a normal workday and I only went for a 30 minute run and not my usual 90 minute run. It’s the first time I got a notification like this, although I used to get them on my Series 1 until they fixed it in a software update.

3. minifridge1138 macrumors 65816

When I updated my S0 to WatchOS 2.0 something started draining the battery. I had been able to go the whole day and still have ~30% battery left. After WatchOS2.0 my battery was dead by lunch time. I had tickets open with apple support and they were clueless. I tried resetting and re-installing. Nothing worked.

Finally WatchOS 2.1 came out and that fixed all my battery issues. If you’re experience is like mine, then you’re stick until you have a new WatchOS version to install.

Contact Apple.
    Good luck.

4. dotzero123 macrumors regular

dotzero123

YMMV but my Apple Watch battery was terrible on day one and two. For whatever reason, today it seems to be lasting almost as well as my S3. I don't know if it was from restoring watch from backup or if I just played with it too much, but the problems seems to have vanished for me. Best of luck!

5. verdejt thread starter macrumors 6502

verdejt

I turned off background app refresh on a lot of apps. Battery is a little better but still not what it was before the update. I'm going to have to open a ticket with apple because right now force touch isn't working and really hasn't been working for a while.

6. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Try doing a force restart on the watch. It fixed my S3 that had the issue.