Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Wanted to get some input from any users that have owned their I4 since launch concerning their battery. I've been noticing my battery % has been dropping very quickly. I would estimate a % every 5 mins at the most. Starts to slow down as it gets into the 70s.

Things that have been tried: Restoring, putting phone on Edge with location services disabled, all processes killed, drained completely and did a full charge, etc.. I even avoided putting my phone in my pocket thinking that heat was contributing to the battery loss.

Before I go to the genius bar and see what gives, is there anyone else that experienced this behavior and was able to resolve the issue on their own? I only asked because my phone has no bad pixels etc.... Is there a way to check charge cycles?

Thanks..

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
Wanted to get some input from any users that have owned their I4 since launch concerning their battery. I've been noticing my battery % has been dropping very quickly. I would estimate a % every 5 mins at the most. Starts to slow down as it gets into the 70s.

Things that have been tried: Restoring, putting phone on Edge with location services disabled, all processes killed, drained completely and did a full charge, etc.. I even avoided putting my phone in my pocket thinking that heat was contributing to the battery loss.

Before I go to the genius bar and see what gives, is there anyone else that experienced this behavior and was able to resolve the issue on their own? I only asked because my phone has no bad pixels etc.... Is there a way to check charge cycles?

Thanks..

I think Apple has a way of diagnosing your battery when they run a diagnostics test. You may want to bring it in for them to look at if you're still experiencing issues with it. It seems like you've tried everything possible.

Just out of curiosity, what is your total usage after a full cycle? And have you moved to a new place recently?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.