Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IxWiNdxI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
I bought a 17" unibody macbook pro 2 weeks ago and now it has 3 battery cycles and health is at 98%. My battery doesn't seem to last as long as Apple said it would. I'm only using it on half brightness, wifi on, bluetooth off, 9600M from when I opened my laptop 30 minutes ago I had 59% and now I have 41%
All I've done in the 30 minutes is browser a little on the web and about 10 minutes of photoshop work.

Question: is my battery health suppose to go down to 98% after only 3 cycles?
and why is my battery dying so fast?

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
I bought a 17" unibody macbook pro 2 weeks ago and now it has 3 battery cycles and health is at 98%. My battery doesn't seem to last as long as Apple said it would. I'm only using it on half brightness, wifi on, bluetooth off, 9600M from when I opened my laptop 30 minutes ago I had 59% and now I have 41%
All I've done in the 30 minutes is browser a little on the web and about 10 minutes of photoshop work.

Question: is my battery health suppose to go down to 98% after only 3 cycles?
and why is my battery dying so fast?

well as soon as you turn on the 9600 graphics card its going to eat away at your battery fast. as for the 98% after 3 cycles that does seem kind of odd. see if it stays there for a while tho. it could still be at 98% after 100 cycles. also try calibrating your battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.