Battery dying?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yourdream, Dec 2, 2008.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

Ok, so I did my first battery calibration on my new aluminum MacBook and when I finished charging it charged to 99%. Then I brought it to school and used it and when I came home I started charging. Now after charging it becomes 98%. I was wondering what is going on here? Is there something wrong with the battery?

2. himansk macrumors regular

Its normal for the charging to stop at any point between 95%-100%. Normally the batteries are good enough to last at least a couple years. If you are still paranoid, download "coconut battery" and see how much battery capacity *really* remains.

3. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I downloaded it. It says in the Current Battery Capacity: 4178 mAh and Original Battery Capacity: 4100 mAh 3 Battery-Loadcycles.

4. himansk macrumors regular

sounds good, so it means you havent lost any battery capacity, like I said you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

5. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

One more question. Do I calibrate the battery at least once a month? So after one month, I calibrate the battery again right?

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The calibration just helps to get a more accurate reading. Your battery doesn't function any differently. If you want the most accurate reading, sure, then calibrate it regularly. (I bet you wouldn't care so much after a couple of months anyway).