Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gumblue32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
My battery is already at 1055 cycles and the status says normal. I know that the maximum cycle for my mac's battery is only until 1000. I was wondering if anyone here has bought an oem battery for the macbook pro early 2011 on ebay? Someone suggested that I should buy the newertech battery. It is more reliable than the one's on ebay.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
An original replacement battery for your early 2011 MBP is no longer available from Apple, therefore your choice is either eBay or from OWC (www.macsales.com) for the Newertech battery. Buying an OEM battery from an eBay reseller is hit and miss. You may get one that's great and will last several years, and then again you may wind up with a dud that might not work at all. If you purchase one from eBay make sure the seller has a good rating and offers a refund if the battery doesn't work well. And of course, use PayPal. ;)

Gumblue32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
I know you could still get them at the Apple Store near your place. You just have to give them a call and inquire if they have a spare battery. It would cost me $129 for a new one. Getting Newertech battery costs less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.