Battery from Week 22 to 35

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GTghost, Oct 4, 2010.

1. GTghost macrumors regular

The first iPhone 4 I got was a week 22 and it seems like the battery on that was alot better than my week 35.

Is this good or not?
    85%
    USAGE: 32 MIN
    STANDBY: 5 HOURS 4 MINUTES

Brightness: 50% AUTO
    PUSH MANUALLY

Good or not?

2. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

depends... what battery percentage are you at now?

3. GTghost thread starter macrumors regular

Edited.
    Read

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'm getting about 10%/35-40 mins usage.

Try setting a hair below 50% brightness.

Marc

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wouldn’t be happy with that.

For ~30 min of usage (3G surfing), I’m usually >90% (probably around 92%). For wifi, I’m usually around 95%. I have push off and fetch manually. Brightness is the same as yours. I always have 3G on, and I turn off wifi, if I’m not near a wifi hotspot or at home.

BTW, quoting usage, without stating what the usage is, is just silly.

6. GTghost thread starter macrumors regular

This is all in the morning, just some checking emails and facebook.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

So, it’s essentially internet usage. Have you calibrated your battery and did you restore and setup as new or from a backup? How long have you had the 4?

Oh, and you didn’t mention if you were on wifi, 3G, or EDGE.

8. GTghost thread starter macrumors regular

When I got the new one (2 weeks ago), I updated and backed up from my week 22 i4 iOS 4.0.1.

While I am still at home, I use WIFI for like 5-10 minutes.
    Then when I leave, I use 3G to check email and such.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Everyone that I know personally who has an iPhone 4 gets average 10%/35-40 minutes usage on wifi, including myself.

A factor in your case is the standby time/usage ratio.

Of the 10 plus people I know personally your numbers seem close considering your standby time. Although when you are on standby it uses very little usage, you have 5 hours of standby. Again considering your standby/usage ratio your close to the 10 people I know. We did a test and we all came pretty close.

Marc

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Looks like mpossoff is going to be posting his stats in every new battery usage thread. The OP can believe mine or his, but my stats come from researching the many threads on battery usage in this forum; his come from him and a few of his friends with no research as far as I can tell (since he’s obviously not read any of the battery threads on here or he’d know more what most people get for battery usage). He’s basically telling you that getting ~7 hours wifi is good. I got better than that with my 3G.

11. Orion126 macrumors regular

This is subjective until you do it scientifically. In other words no phone usage, nothing running in background, etc.

Posting numbers like you did above doesn't give us the full picture.

Like I have 1 hour, 56 minutes of usage with 9 hours, 11 minutes of standby and I'm at 82%. I have used facebook a few times, have had a few programs running in background, have checked my "We Rule" nation a couple of times, Words With Friends, etc.

Provide more info.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Again Apple claims up to 10 hours on wifi, which doesn't mean you'll get 10 hours on wifi.

Don't shoot the messenger aggie. ;).

I'm just passing on what Apple says.

I challenge you.... Start at 100% battery. Go non stop on wifi sufrfing and posting on the internet, watching you tube, posting and sufring face book, game etc.... basically heavy bonafied real usage and see how long your battery will last.

Are you just listening to your iPod? I'm referring to real bonafied heavy usage that takes a toll on your battery.

Marc

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Give me a break. I’ve already stated my usage is surfing only. I even have said numerous times in many threads that the only way to measure battery life is from surfing usage. Hell, I rarely even use my friggin’ iPod app. I’ve also posted a screen shot. I certainly know more about the iPhone than you. Read some threads instead of quoting your “up to” BS. It’s not only annoying, but it gives members here the wrong idea. You seem to be stuck on my earlier quote about having a battery life greater than 10 hours on wifi. I certainly did, but that is rare, and mostly I get 10 hours, which I got on three other iPhones I’ve owned on wifi. You actually think your battery is okay with 6 hours usage on wifi?

You’re wrong about your stats. Please read the other threads on this newbie. If you’re not going to do that, I hope others will read my post and ignore what you write.

Off topic: What is the deal with all these new people thinking they know everything on here? Arguing with a newbie posting a guide full of confusing terms was just the latest. Even when shown how these could be confusing, they wanted to spend the time arguing rather than making things clearer.

Edit: Wow. Just wow.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11185761