Battery "full charge capacity" issues. Can't resolve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khabboub, Jul 8, 2017.

1. khabboub macrumors member

I have poked around MR but I can't find an answer, I just have a quick question.

I have a rmbp with a fresh instal of Sierra. The "full charge capacity" keeps fluctuating and I'm not sure what that means. The battery condition is always posted as "normal" in the system information -> power application.

I downloaded the application coconut battery to record instances of the battery, I attached a picture of the condition. These are all within one hour.

Anyone know what this all might mean?

Attached Files:

2. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Discharge the battery down to 5%, turn off the laptop and let it rest for few hours.
    Fully charge the battery while the laptop is off and let it rest for few hours.
    Turn the laptop back on and check the battery.

How old is the laptop?

3. khabboub thread starter macrumors member

the laptop is an early 2013 device. and wouldn't a fresh install of macOS be enough to remove any bugs? I'm thinking of wiping it again.

4. jerryk macrumors 68020

I am not sure why you think this is an OS issue, or frankly much of an issues at all. The numbers are going to bounce around. It is only an estimate. Are you experiencing battery issues?

5. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

OS doesn't control the battery in any way. On board circutry is what charges your battery and reports it's status to OS.

Given the age, charge cycles and current capacity; it will flactuate.
    As long as it holds charge under normal use, than it's fine.