Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
On my aluminum unibody macbook it seems like the battery life gets used up pretty fast. Is it normal to go from 100% to 71% in and hour of use? Is there something I can check or do to see if I can get the best battery life?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
On my aluminum unibody macbook it seems like the battery life gets used up pretty fast. Is it normal to go from 100% to 71% in and hour of use? Is there something I can check or do to see if I can get the best battery life?

It depends on what you're running, what your screen brightness is, etc. Some things, such as websites with Flash, watching videos, etc. use battery faster.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Deacon*

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
I did some googling around about mac speed and found that there are ways to delete "stuff" that will impact speed. I would also think the deletion of said "stuff" might have an impact on battery life.

I have yanked Flash from all my mac laptops to conserve battery life. If I need to see something in Flash, I click it and boom.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
It depends on what you're running, what your screen brightness is, etc. Some things, such as websites with Flash, watching videos, etc. use battery faster.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Wow, what an answer! Thanks!

I did some googling around about mac speed and found that there are ways to delete "stuff" that will impact speed. I would also think the deletion of said "stuff" might have an impact on battery life.

I have yanked Flash from all my mac laptops to conserve battery life. If I need to see something in Flash, I click it and boom.

I thought about taking off flash but so much I use depends on Flash so is there a software that can turn it off and on?

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
Click to Flash is an excellent App ... should help your Battery

Edit: GGJ studios beat me to the post ... count me as an endorsement for C2F

lawyerwannabe

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
London
Help please

Hi , Im new to this forum and to Macs in general (still a sony vaio girl at heart).

I've had my mac for 3 months (although coconut says its 5months old). And I've done 70 cycles.

I've just noticed that when i unplug it, a full battery will now say it lasts around 3 hours, instead of the normal 6 or so hours from a few weeks ago.

I'm a little worried. Is this normal?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.