Battery goes down crazy fast ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sceneshifter, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Hey,

I'm a new iPod Touch owner and I'm having some doubts about the battery life span.

I have disabled some common battery life draining things and turned down the brightness to almost 20%, yet I see the battery draining before my eyes. This is on a non jaibroken ipod touch 2G.

Could anyone explain me why this works? One thing, I never turn it off entirely, I just push the lock button so the screen goes black. Is that ok or are you supposed to turn it off entiely if you're ot going to use it for an hour? This would be annoying.

Browding internet on it, I honestly do not believe it would last longer than two-three hours..

Basicaly, does anyone else ever had any issues, if so, how did you solve it? The battery life for the moment is unacceptable almost, but perhaps I'm doing something obviously wrong.

2. WB2Colorado macrumors regular

WB2Colorado

I'm afraid that the iPhone and iPod touch both have problems with battery life. There really is no way to fix it. If you think that it may be a bad battery and you are still under warranty, you can have the battery replaced.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Anyone who complains about getting only three or four hours battery life ("see the battery draining before my eyes") has a defective device.

I have an 21 month old first generation iPhone that lasts me two days between charges ... or three days if I turn it off at night. This is full brightness, and WiFi and location services on. Granted ... I don't talk on it much, and I access the web with it maybe 30-60 minutes a day.

You have a Touch, so you don't even have cell phone calls or GPS draining the battery (yes, I know my iPhone doesn't have GPS).

Take it to the Apple store.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I think Apple will just replace the whole thing if they take it into the Apple Store, because the battery is soldered onto the main board so pretty much all the insides will have to be swapped around for the battery to be replaced - full unit replacement would be more efficient and a lot easier on Apple's part, and that's what they seem to do.

And as the above poster said, there isn't that much of a problem with battery life, if it's going down that fast then it's more then likely defective. My 1st gen touch lasted a good 20 or so hours playing music and playing some games or looking at photos and whatever, with about 6 hours if I'm using Wi Fi constantly. My 2nd gen touch fares even better - about a full day for music and still about 6 hours with Wi Fi being used constantly. And this is with auto-brightness off and with auto-lock set to "never".

5. Ashtheawesome macrumors newbie

Hey

Hey i have an i touch (second gen) and it has the same problem. It is very common on my itouch. I know what you mean. I think it occurs in all itouchs

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy