Battery has been amazing since update.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleGoddess, Apr 20, 2011.

1. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

My battery was always good but now after the update I find I get more time out of it as I use it about 8 hours daily.

At noon I have around 60% I have 75% and nothing has changed.

Anyone else?

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I've noticed no difference with mine honestly. I need to pay closer attention to it now and see. It just has great battery life all around!

3. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

same here. no difference noted as yet...

4. junker macrumors 6502

junker

Funny, Ive actually noticed it got worse for me.

Somewhere recently I posted how I was impressed by the iPad2 battery, but now after the update, noticeably worse. For example, I just sat down at a Starbucks 100% battery reading, and flipped it open- checked email (nothing downloaded) browsed to a few sites, checked an animated weather map then came here. No more than ten minutes of use and I have a 94% battery remaining

That's seems a bit extreme to me considering the comment I made on another forum(here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1133056&highlight=) ...was the opposite:

"I plug mine in every night for recharging and syncing, so I can't really attest to it's overnight charge. However, just yesterday I had a pretty impressive observation regarding my battery...

I left the house a 9:15, put the ipad 2 in my car and used it at lunch for a few minutes....put it back in the car. Got home at about 4:15, opened it for about a minute and checked my iCam app....closed it. Then, around 6:00 pm, I opened it to browse and show the wife something.... the battery still registered 100%!!!

I was astounded! An approximate 9 hour standby of no registered battery drain!

Granted, I didn't really use it much at all. Also, I have the 3G model, but no service for it yet (mostly using the wifi when I'm out and about) So, my drain is lessened by the lack of push notification.

Sorry for your situation, not sure why you're having it..."

So, I'm now at 92% since I just copy pasted all of that and last post 94%

5. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Mine has really been so much better.
    I use it daily for almost the same time each day.

And it so much better, not that it wasn't great before.

6. WiseDuck macrumors member

WiseDuck

Mine seems to work the way it should even after the update. It doesn't drop a single percentage over the night. A single charge easily lasts a full week of light to moderate usage.