Battery has gone insane... Lion issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chairmankaga, Dec 11, 2011.

1. chairmankaga, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

chairmankaga macrumors newbie

As soon as I unplug power, the computer dies. The system is also saying Replace Now.

Here's a screencap from Coconut...
    [​IMG]

If you can't see it, the capacity is shown as 1301% more than original. I don't think that's right.

This all seemed to start after installing Lion about 6 weeks ago.

I've tried resetting PMU and PRAM, conditioning, etc. Any additional thoughts before I trash the battery?

This is a replacement for my original battery and isn't even a year old. Trouble is I can't find a receipt and to be honest, I don't even remember where I bought it.

The computer works fine. No other issues. Upgraded HD, 2GB RAM and a new logic board about 2 years ago, following an incident with a friend's cat. Great machine. Lousy batteries.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Your computer is fine, coconut battery has tons of bugs. Just relax and use your mac. The battery will take care of itself.

Try updating coconut battery or look in the system profiler for the true records.

3. chairmankaga thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have added that as soon as I unplug power, the computer dies. The system is also saying Replace Now.

Sorry, that was the whole reason for using Coconut.

Will update original post...

4. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If your battery is five years old as shown in the screenshot then it's probably very close to dead. I've had to replace mine after about two years so you've done really well!

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery is likely dead. The reason coconutbattery is so off is likely that you haven't calibrated your battery, which makes readings more accurate. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: