battery header change

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mattfick12, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mattfick12 macrumors member

is there anyway to change the battery charging icon to a different icon? I like some of the onces that the customize app has but i cant download it because im on 1.1.4. Where can I find different icons? or can i download just the icons that customize has?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

u would need cuz to get the icon to change or maybe summerboard...

maybe in the tweaks part on installer... but not sure as i have never looked!

3. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

You can do the same thing that customize do, but manually. You have to explore a little bit into your springboard app and you will be able to change it. This is the way to do it.

You have first to ssh into your phone and locate every single icon you want to change. You can find a very useful list here to start: http://www.hackthatphone.com/111/iphone_graphics_locations.html

Once located, you can customize them. As you probably know the iPhone icons are compressed with a strange png format. You won't be able to read them on your computer. You can donwload the fixed png from the same site that has the list. You can use photoshop to customize your icons, put the same name they have on the springboard and replace them.
    Otherwise, you can download the customize themes and pick the already changed icons you can find on them. Just go to installer and install them, you will find them on var/root/library/customize or on var/mobile/library/customize depending on how old is the theme.

ALWAYS, always! keep a backup of your icons in case you mess around with them and you finish with no icon on your springboard, then you just replace with your fresh backup and everything comes back to normal.

Changing the springs is more complicated and the only way I found is to pick an already changed spring from a phone with 1.1.2 with a customize that works. Changing it manually is too complicated for me :D

Good luck and have fun.

By the way... thespicychicken said that he would release a new version for customize in about 2 weeks, so... if you're though enough to wait... ;)

4. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

is there a way to get the customize battery icons online somewhere? or can someone send them to me?

5. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

On installer go to the sources categorie and install everything you find in there. This will increase the number of packages you'll find into your installer as it installs more sources to check. Be sure to come back to this categorie everytime you install a source, as some of them include more sources to install. You will fin then more customize themes. Some of them include the battery header you want. You'll have to check into the customize folder on the library into your iPhone once installed

var/root/library/customize or on var/mobile/library/customize

6. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

ok...so i install the sources, and then install the customize them packs and then ssh into the phone.... will it allow me to install the packs even though i dont have 1.1.1 or customize on my phone?

7. mattfick12 thread starter macrumors member

what is the app title that would have the battery icons?

8. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

What you want to install is the customize themes. You'll find them on the customize theme categorie on the installer. I don't know exactly wich package contains the battery header you want. You have to check them. I know for sure that dsigner set contains some batterys but I don't know if it contains those you want.
    This will install the files that customize usually uses for changing the icons on the iPhone. You'll have then to find those icons into your phone. That's why you have to ssh into it to pick them from their location into your phone following the paths I told you.
    var/mobile/library/customize/batteryheader
    or
    var/root/library/customize/batteryheader

after that replace them on your system... and that's it

Attached Files: