Battery Health? 100%!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aparikh1207, Jun 16, 2008.

1. aparikh1207 macrumors newbie

I was looking at iStat and it shows I have 444 cycles on my macbook battery after 16 months of use. But, 100% battery health? Does this make sense? I also checked Coconut Battery and it says the same thing...

Attached Files:

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

3. infinitethrill macrumors regular

infinitethrill

I have 714 cycles, since November 2006. 100% health. I think it keeps its charge because it is never resting, this MacBook gets full time use.

I also hold the top number of cycles on MiniBatteryLogger, no-one has more cycles than me.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so how are you guys using your battery? complete discharge then a full charge all the time, discharging to >50% then charging or leaving on full charge and sometimes discharging??

5. infinitethrill macrumors regular

infinitethrill

My MacBook sleeps from 5 am till 10 am every day, besides that its run down to about 10 percent then plugged in, or the occasional time I take the charger downstairs.

It wont last the whole day, but it seems nearly just as good the day I got it.

6. aparikh1207 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really, I never worried about the battery health, just use it whenever and however I want. I have it plugged in, then may take it with me, plug it back in for a couple hours, take it off again, plug in the next morning. Just random. I guess it worked out lol.:cool: And it seems I get the same amount of batter life out of it too

7. Ozz.Man macrumors member

This just don't sound right. Mine is half life over lol and I have done all whats mentioned above

8. Matek macrumors 6502a

The "careful use" doesn't have as much of an effect as it used to on older batteries. My MacBook is about 20 months old, I charge it randomly, without the rules mentioned above and it's still at 100%. I know at least three people with the same experience and aparikh1207 obviously agrees.

What's really important with lithium batteries is the working temperature - they are very sensitive to high temperatures so if you leave your computer in the sun/car, use it on a surface that prevents cooling or do anything else that exposes it to high temperatures, it can potentially be VERY BAD for your battery, much much worse than not charging it carefully.