Battery Health 13% after 60 Cycles!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dancertom3, Dec 11, 2007.

1. dancertom3 macrumors member

Help! My battery is down to 13% Health after just 60 Cycles. My MacBook Pro is 10 months old now. This isn't normal, is it? I only get 20minutes of battery life now. What can I do? I've tried calibrating my battery several times and it doesn't seem to be working! Soon my laptop will become a permanent desktop!

2. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

NO its not.Try to calibrate your battery.If it wont help call apple and they will replace it for you.

3. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I also have this situation, but not as bad. For 13 months i've had 95% or higher battery life, but last week i jumped down to 60%, and i only have 75 cycles on the battery. I don't get why the battery would just jump down like this. Also for me calibration doesn't work.

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

Read this about battery calibration. You are mistaken if you think it'll magically improve (or worsen, for that matter) the health of your battery.

Contact Apple. They'll replace the battery if your machine is still under warranty.

5. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

also having the same problem, had this mbp for 5 months and there 30 cycles on the battery and its down to 75% health just caliberated it.

6. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I would not fully agree. Sometimes it works. I helped me. My battery life was down to 74% and after calibration jumped back to 96%.
    Anyway Apple will exchange it without any problems. At least they did it for me

7. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

Is 96% battery health normal after just 10 cycles?

8. writeous macrumors regular

Im still trying to figure out how to calibrate my girlfriend so she wont miss any cycles.

9. TomGolden macrumors member

TomGolden

Nice!!! :p

I bought an extra battery with my MBP, and I switch them back and forth about every 3 - 5 full cycles. I have a 1st gen MBP, got it in June 2006, and each battery currently has I think between 32 - 38 cycles on it, and each is still at 100% health. Guess I'm lucky!

10. r88my macrumors regular

11. aquajet macrumors 68020

Please read the guide. The point of calibration is to make sure your meter is giving an accurate reading. That's why it changed -- it was inaccurate before you calibrated. That does not imply that you're getting something you didn't get beforehand.